Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday

I have to make cookies for my neighbor's party on Sunday. I offered when I RSVP'ed, and she took me up on it. I was fully expecting her to say, nah, don't worry about bringing anything. That'll teach me to do the social thing and offer to bring "something."

So. What do you think, should I bring the standard chocolate chips, or one of my weirdo loaded cookie concoctions (like the dark chocolate cherry pecan cookies?) Standard chocolate chips may indicate my desire to fit in. Weirdo cookies might be unpopular. I don't want to be known as the "weird cookie lady" in the neighborhood.

I want to get a gift for the boy who is going to college. He's going away - so I was thinking that I might get him a $25 gift card for a food place (like Chili's, or something like that.) Is that an okay gift? Maybe I should get him a Best Buy card instead.

I thought the clustermaps thing was cool, so I put it on my blog. Now that there are three little dots in Europe I'm a little weirded out. Who are you people?

Here's a new baby pic. It's been a while, unless you count the sleeping picture in the simple things post. You can see my thumb off to the left - I had my hand there because she has started rolling over. I didn't want her to take a tumble off of the ottoman while I was busy snapping photos. You can also see assorted mess in the background, and my red walls.


I used the word "weird" several times in this post. I think I have a complex.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I would go for the weirdo cookies. You can get chocolate chip anywhere. Then again, someone might be allergic to nuts and therefore the pecans wouldn't be such a good idea. What other weirdo combos do you have to offer?

Do you know where he's going to college and what restaurants/stores are around there? I would just want to make sure that you got him something he could use, but either of those ideas sound good to me.

Yay Lauren pics! She's so cute! *babysmooches*

gothmog said...

I didn't know you just had a baby! (Or maybe I did know, and forgot, which happens lots more these days.)

Congrats! She's cute as a button! Love the pics--had me trolling through the rest of your blog for more.

Puffy said...

I'd bring regular chocolate chip cookies. I'd give a Best Buy or Target gift certificate. I used to give phone cards to new college students, but everyone has a cell phone these days so the phone cards are useless.

mtw said...

Awww! She's adorable! :)

The hits from Europe? Probably some kind of weird google search turned up your blog address. Have you been getting emails from strangers who want your help getting into the country? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

kim (weltek) said...

That's a cute pic! I like the perspective.

I hope you made the funky cookies because, while classic chocolate chip are fine, they'd paint you as the average neighboor, not the fantastic one you are.