Whew.
Christmas Eve was great. Dinner went very well, and I finally figured things out well enough to make things in advance, so that all I had to do was pop things into the oven an hour before dinner. No oven mishaps, and my personal victory - I didn't set off the smoke alarm at all. Not even while cooking the bacon for the bacon dressing.
Christmas day at the in-laws was nice. The warring factions of the family were civil so while things were slightly cool it wasn't bad. It snowed for the drive home so it took a while to get home. Lauren sang "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" for an hour and forty-five minutes straight. Hey, it's better than crying.
My children got a metric assload of gifts. We still haven't even taken everything out of the packages yet.
My mom made my favorite cookies and left a huge tray of them behind so I've been systematically polishing them off.
I received a Kindle for my Christmas gift. I'm in love with it. I also got the worlds most wonderful sweater - it's a knit zip-up cardigan with a thick fleece lining. A fleece-lined comfy sweater!! I've hardly taken it off since Christmas Eve. It's the best warm comfy sweater for curling up with a cocoa and a book (or Kindle) ever.
I got the good news on Christmas day that some longtime friends of mine had their first baby a few days before Christmas - a beautiful little girl. Maybe it's the Christmas holiday or just my latent sappiness but their news and pictures made me all happy. I called them to congratulate them this morning and the new daddy sounded exhausted but elated.
On Sunday my newest Godson was baptized. We had a fun brunch and after party at my friend's parents' house. Lauren sang "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" for my friends' family and was sweet and charming. The kid knows how to turn on the charm, let me tell you.
Today, friends stopped by for lunch. They have two little boys, so my house was pure chaos for about two hours, but it was fun chaos. All of the new toys got a workout. After they left, Lauren climbed up on the couch next to me and leaned against me and said, "That was crazy, mom." She then said that she'd like to take a nap when Rudolph was over. When Lauren suggests a nap, you KNOW she's worn out!
I have two peaceful, sleeping children right now. The greatest gift of all!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I got a sweater I love too! Mostly the color of it, but it's very comfy... from Old Navy - wanted another one, but didn't like the colors.
Glad you had happy holidays! Now go take a nap with Lauren!
Hooray for family civility!
I'm glad you had a good Christmas. I'm not sure exactly what a metric assload of gifts is in traditional tonnes - but I am guessing it's quite a lot.
Don't you miss the feel of a book with your Kindle? I can't imagine using a Kindle.
Can I have a cookie?
So Lauren isn't ready for more sisters or brothers?
Post a Comment