Jeff was up every two hours again last night. Fortunately, Lauren slept right through all of it so at least we're 1 for 3 today on sleep.
When Jeff wakes up from his nap I'm taking the kids to the zoo. It's a gorgeous day, and who knows how many of these we have left before the winter? Plus I can drive through Starbucks on the way.
Of course, I asked Mr. Fro to take the stroller out of his trunk this morning and leave it in the garage, and he said he would, and I reminded him, and he was all indignant about why I thought he was going to forget and then. . . he drove away with the stroller still in his trunk. Argh.
The fact that I'm drinking caffeine may in fact be the reason why Jeff isn't sleeping so well. So today I've had no caffeine and that jaunt through Starbucks will have to be decaf.
Here's a sample of a conversation with Lauren from this morning:
L: Mom, can you draw a tiger?
Me: Sure.
L: Can you give him a tail?
Me: *nod*
L: Can you make him cute? Can you give him cripes (that's how she says stripes.)
Me: Yes, I can give him stripes.
L: Can you make him cute?
Me: I'll try.
L: Can you give him a back?
Me: Okay.
L: Can you draw a belly?
Me: Yes.
L: Can you make him smile?
Me: Sure
L: (observing my drawing) Good job mom! Can you make a snowman next to the tiger?
at this point I drew the snowman and then excused myself to the restroom. Lauren followed me to the door.
L: What are you doing, mommy?
Me: ...
L: Mommy! Mommy Mom Mom. What are you doing in there?
Me: I'm going potty, Lauren.
L: Are you going poopies, Mommy?
And people wonder why I talk a mile a minute if they call me on the phone. These conversations go on ALL day. :)
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The patience of Job.
LOL!
I remember Conner clapping for me and offering me a sucker for going to the potty.
Also, he loves little notebooks and loves to ask me how to spell words so that he can write them down.
Last week he hung a sign on the door, which reads:
$20 to come in.
I told him that didn't apply to me. He said it did. I told him he would have to change his own sheets, vacuum, dust, and handle all of his own laundry. Apparently the fee doesn't apply to me.
Enjoy the zoo. And the Starbucks!
Did you explain to Lauren that the tiger would look very funny without a tail or a belly?
I think we need to see the picture for evidence of the tiger's cuteness.
I don't know why kids always have to talk to you while you're in the bathroom - but that sure does seem to be the case.
I remember when my youngest started pre-K and I had the first morning to myself in years! I was actually looking forward to quiet bathroom times as much as anything. So I was not at all happy when during my first private bathroom moment the darn DOG decided to scratch on the bathroom door and whine! I guess he thought that it was all up to him now to keep me entertained in the potty.
I want to see the tiger, too.
Can you draw an elephant? A Lion? Ahha, this is what you get for taking them to the zoo and teaching them about animals.
Post a Comment