Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Photo drive-by Post

Here are the promised photos! We came home Monday, and I just finally found myself, my camera and my laptop all in one place.








Edited to add some actual news and notes.

Jeff is a doll. He is very cuddly and snuggly. His favorite thing to do is to scrunch up into a tiny ball and wiggle himself up until he is tucked under my chin, and there he sleeps. I know I should put him down more so he doesn't get too used to sleeping on me, but the cuddly is just too irresistable.

Everything went well. You know how I felt a little weird about the c-section and maybe thought I should have tried for the VBAC? Well, Mr. Jeff had the cord wrapped around his neck. Twice. Had I gone for a VBAC it'd have ended in another emergency c-section anyway. So, I feel good about the decision. I got to be awake and hear his first cry, see him right away and they let me hold and feed him in the recovery room, less than an hour after he was born. With Lauren, I missed all that. So, it's all good.

Lauren likes Jeff. She ignored him at first, in the hospital, but has been sweet to him since we got home. Otherwise she's a little unsure about the whole thing in general. She's fine, then she melts down for no apparent reason. She isn't napping, which doesn't help her mood. She told me yesterday that she doesn't like me. That sucked. I'm sure she'll be fine, and I've planned special Mommy-Lauren activities for every day (today we baked and frosted cupcakes; tomorrow we are coloring Easter Eggs.) Still, it's rough. The terrible twos combined with a new baby brother is quite the whammy.

We're lucky that Jeff is an easy baby. Eats, poops, sleeps. He barely cries unless I'm not fast enough with the chuck wagon. He's content to snuggle with anyone who will hold him. The hospital offered professional photos so as soon as I get the CD of those I'll post them, too. He was a willing subject and didn't cry at all. The nurses in the hospital were smitten with Jeff because he's so cuddly and didn't cry much.

Yes, Zombs, I've been squirted. Twice. I haven't figured out the timing yet on the diaper changes. He got Mr Fro, too.

10 comments:

maroonclown said...

Oh.my.God.

What a pretty little baby.

Everyone looks happy as clams.

Welcome home!

Zombs said...

Oh he looks so alert! What a doll! I love the family picture. Lauren could not be bothered by the little dude! She is way too interested in the toy!

Beutiful!

Zombs said...

Oh and I went and looked again and he looks just like you! Tell me, did you get squirted yet?

Puffy said...

He's precious. You have a mighty fine looking husband, too. *wolf whistle at both of your men*

Tummy said...

Awwww Fro, I felt a tiny little tug of want, but then it went away. You just have to post lots of pics so I can imagine baby smells. Good job girl!

and Puff - I've already called dibs of Mr Fro, so back off girlfriend :)

Swami said...

Oh Fro - Jeff is beautiful! Just heart-breakingly beautiful. I can't wait for more pics!

I'm also glad the C-section turned out to be the right choice. My boy never squirted me. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Such a beautiful family. And it's nice to put a face on Mr. Fro.

Good work, you two!

Puffy said...

Nice update. I love to hear about your adventures. Lauren will come around; it's such an adjustment. How'd you like to be replaced? What if Mr. Fro came home and said, "I love you so much, that I'm going to get another wife?" That's what happened to Lauren. I wonder if second babies are often "easier" because the moms are more relaxed. I didn't know what "VBAC" was so I googled it.

Zombs said...

I was going to try for a VBAC with Jack and good thing too...he ended up being 11 pounds and there is no way they said I could have delivered him.

2 is such a hard age to begin with. Poor Lauren. In time they will be best friends, espeically once he starts interacting with her.

Puffy I agree about #2. I also think that #1 is such a shock to your system with waking up and such but you are already "in shape" with #2 so it's no suprise. The first few nights with #1 were torture! #2 we never batted an eye even though he was technically a worse sleeper.

I love coming here and looking at him.

kim (weltek) said...

He's so serious looking. I think we have a future scientist in our midst. *remembers Bob is a scientist, changes mind*

Oh little Lauren, I never thought about the terrible twos and new baby happening at the same time. Yuck! I'm sure it will all be fine.

I love the visual imagery of the snuggle bug. I'm so glad you posted pics-thank you!