Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bang

Today, we're getting a new floor in the family room. The old, cruddy, grody carpet is no more!

The carpet was never the same after the home improvement project a few years ago which required that the family room get all new walls and ceiling - which meant that it was coated in drywall dust. We tried to clean it but it didn't really come all the way clean. Since then it's been spilled upon, trod upon, and stamped with mulberries that someone (my mom, I think) walked through and then tracked all through the room. Awful.

So, there are two guys down there right now hammering away and putting in a laminate floor.

Tomorrow there will be more banging when the roof guys come to fix the part of the roof that the tree fell on. Did I mention that here? Two weeks ago the neighbor's tree fell between our two houses. The main trunk of the tree didn't hit either house, but the branches and canopy whacked the heck out of the soffits and gutter and did about $2500 of damage to the roof.

My Fro is home for another week. I'm getting a little tired of him being home. I think that he thought that being home all day taking care of Lauren was going to be easy. Today he took her to his parents house and then ran some errands so it's just me and Jeff right now. We're camping upstairs, watching TV and listening the all of the pounding and sawing on the floor downstairs.

Here's a photo of Lauren coloring eggs. She had a lot of fun doing it. Please excuse the clutter - we did this in the middle of the time that Mr. Fro chose to deconstruct the kitchen cabinets and leave their contents all over the table for two days.

7 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

She is just so adorable. Her smile melts me. Thank you for sharing these moments with us.

I cannot believe all the house remodeling work you are doing with a new baby around. You guys are machines!

maroonclown said...

What a cutie. She looks so thrilled to be colouring eggs.

But I have to ask. Are you standing on a chair or are you freakishly tall?

Breezy said...

She is sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Clutter? I see no clutter - at least not until I read your post three times and decided to find it. *grin*

Agree with Kim about you guys being machines. And LOL about thinking it would be easy to take care of Lauren. At least he's there.

Love that little smile of hers. Hopefully she is adjusting well.

Swami said...

Lauren is such a sweetie!

A laminate floor will be much more practical with small children. And mothers with mulberries, lol.

I see no clutter. You are mistaken.

Zombs said...

I wish that was my clutter.

Love the picture! She is a doll! If we could we get laminate everywhere or hard wood. The carpets wear out, get stained like you would not believe and just are icky! Good choice!

Puffy said...

What a time to do the remodeling! Lauren looks so old, compared to the baby. She also looks like she had lots of fun, coloring the eggs.