In a "don't eat the paste" way. Not in the Mr. Rogers way.
I'm sitting in a restaurant right now, waiting for my parents and brother. My mom is singing in a concert down the street and I couldn't make it in time to go to that but I am joining them for a bite.
My dad told me to pull into the alley behind the restaurant to find the parking lot.
Did I mention it snowed today?
I am now parked on someone's lawn. Unbeknownst to them. Unbeknownst to me until I realized that hey, what I'm driving on doesn't feel like pavement. Oh and hey my car isn't moving anymore. Shit. Shit shit.
I just had a meltdown at the maitre'd. He thinks I'm a kook. He brought me some water and bread and ran away.
No idea what to do.
Yay. I rock.
***UPDATE***
I'm home and my car is not still on someone's lawn. My brother and my dad and the maitre'd pushed my car off of the lawn. The maitre'd was very sweet. He said it was no big deal, that the house where the lawn is has been empty for a long time so not to worry. He was smiling the whole time. I said I'd have Baby Fro2.0's baptism luncheon at the restaurant.
I had a caprese salad and some pizza. Very yummy.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Oh Fro! This is why snow sucks. It makes us do stupid things.
*hug* Um, hope you had a nice dinner?
Would it be wrong that I laughed out loud then stifled it because you need a hug instead of ridicule?
I'm sorry you went through that - is it wrong that I'm smiling as I type that?
*giggle*
You made me giggle. You's a funny Fro.
Laugh away. I do. :)
Lol Fro! I thought I had committed every Stupid In The Snow trick there was - but getting stuck in someone else's lawn is a new one for me!
How much did you have to tip the maitre'd to get him on your side?
That's just not right. Lawn is supposed to be green and soft all year long.
awwww. {{hug}}
*giggle*
You are too funny, Mrs. Fro!
Congrats on the 2.0!!!
Would you plese explain these skid marks on my lawn?
Hey! We have rain, lots and lots of rain!
Have we learned what baby Fro 2.0 is yet? Grizelda or Randy Scouse Git?
Oh good grief, that's funny. I mean, I'm sorry it happened and everything, but you're OK now and no-one is going to be upset about their grass getting ripped up, though I'm sure the ground was pretty well frozen.
*hugs* frodis
*snort* I'm sorry but that is about the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. LOL
Post a Comment