1. I love turkey.
2. I love cranberries.
3. I already miss Thanksgiving.
4. I love having nearly all of my Christmas shopping done already. I'm NEVER finished this early. Ever. I just happened to find everything that I wanted right away, either online, or on a surgical strike mission to Target on Sunday. I also have two children's birthdays to shop for every December, and those gifts are purchased, too. I might pick up a few more small things for Lauren, but her big gift is purchased (and shipped) along with a couple of little toys. Now I just have to wrap. I LOVE wrapping gifts. Love it. I'm actually a little sad that we're not buying gifts for the adults in the family this year, but only because it means I have fewer gifts to wrap.
5. Lauren is getting a slide for Christmas. It's going to go into the newly cleaned up basement playroom. She's been using her little potty as a slide lately (it has a sloped lid) so I know she's going to love having a real slide.
6. The basement! It's been a festering junk and bug hole since we moved in to the house five years ago. On Friday we dropped Lauren off at the in-laws and returned home and hit the basement with a cleaning frenzy. I threw away SO.MUCH.STUFF. I had a very heavy garbage hand. If I didn't immediately decide that I needed to keep something, out it went. I pared about 5 boxes of junk-we-boxed-up-and-moved-because-I-couldn't-part-with-it-when-moving down to one. One small box. Some of which should probably still fear for its safety because the Grim Swiffer hasn't left the building just yet.
7. More basement! It still needs some work. We're getting new windows down there in a few weeks. There's more stuff to clean up and throw away, and I want to get some low storage cabinets or shelves or something so that all of the toys have places to live. Someday we want to re-finish the basement, but for now we'll live with the typical basement dark wood paneling, which means that we have to go around and make sure that all of the existing paneling is secure and that there are no sticky-out nails or anything unsafe. Then, voila, Lauren has a playroom, which means that I (theoretically) get some of my house back.
8. I went to a jewelry party a few weeks ago and ordered three necklaces and a pair of earrings. They were dropped off today! I like them. It was like getting a little present.
9. We bought a pre-lit tree on Sunday. Mr. Fro set it up, and when he plugged it in, Lauren said, "WOWIE!" I have no idea where she learned that, but it cracked both of us up. WOWIE!
10. I missed a step and slid down the stairs yesterday. Very graceful. I didn't fall, exactly, because I was holding the handrail and mostly caught myself, but I did give my shoulder a fabulous yank. Maybe I need to take a cue from Lauren and slide down on my belly instead.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
1. Me too.
2. Me not so much.
3. I'd love to participate in an American Thanksgiving one day. It's clearly a much different experience from what we have.
4. Oh, well done.
5. Take pictures!
6. Throwing stuff out always makes me feel good, too. Good job.
7. I hope this doesn't sound like unsolicited advice, but after we redid the basement for the kids to play in, they didn't play there. It was too dark and scary, blah blah. They will go down there now, but they didn't for a long time. I think they mostly started using the play area because it's cooler down there in the summer.
8. Bet you look real purty in them.
9. Pre-lit trees are totally wowie.
10. Is there a great big purple bruise on your upper thigh? I did the same when I was preggie with DD.
ack! Be careful!
1. Turkey is wonderful.
2. I like anything made with dried cranberries, or fresh ones in baked goods. I don't like fresh cranberry salad or cranberry sauce.
3. Once a year is enough for me. Besides, I froze a lot of my 22 lb-er for the Second Coming.
4. I scored big time on Cyber Monday! Everything with free shipping. Everything reduced by 10 to 70 per cent. And all my stuff shipped today - even stuff that said when I purchased it that it would not ship for week! So I have multiple tracking numbers to watch.
You know, someone could make money developing a website for kids that had cute tracking info on gifts from Santa Claus.
Post pics of your gift wrapping! I love pretty giftwraps!
5. Wheeeeeeeee! Indoor slides are great!
6. Every few years we do a "Project 50" on our basement. Fifty per cent of everything gets tossed, re-homed, or boxed up more efficiently.
7.You need something in the basement for you too, because Lauren will want you close by for a few more years.
8. Is is sparkly jewelry? I like sparklies!
9. I am thisclose to getting my first artificial tree this year. My problem is they are usually too dense. I need a lot of deep, open room for all my ornaments.
10. WATCH YOUR STEP!!! Tailbone owies are longlasting and a real pain in the, well, tail. And it's not even icy yet. But good for you - you were holding onto the rail
I love throwing stuff out, I have closet stuff that is trembling in fear. I do try to not just throw it to the garbage and take some to Goodwill. A part of me feels really sorry for the stuff that isn't even good enough for Goodwill. :)
Lauren inherits her love of sliding from you. LOL at sliding on the potty!
Your basement seems like it's starting to look like the basement playroom on Jon and Kate Plus 8.
Post a Comment