I got one.
So now I have to decide: go short?
I've had short hair before, and I liked it. I've had long hair for about 5 years now, and I think I'm tired of it. Or, I could just be temporarily annoyed with it because it is WAY overdue for a haircut, so it's been horrible and unmanageable and crappy lately.
I need to find a picture of what I think I want. I think I want Jackie Warner's current hair, as of the current season of Work Out. It's a longer version of short, all kind of flippy with the bangs sort of pushed over to the side.

Maybe I want it shorter than that.
Or this, with less heavy bangs:

Is it crazy to fear that if I get it cut short, that I will never, ever have long hair again? Is this "mom hair"? Is my next step the Jamie Lee Curtis?
Stupid Richard. If he weren't available at noon tomorrow I wouldn't be stressing and would just be complaining about my horrible long messy hair.
I have to go to New Orleans on Monday. (hence, the need for decent-looking hair.) Fly out in the morning, back at night. I'll have to grab a beingnet and a po'boy to-go.

10 comments:
Bangs are certainly "in" now. Try the short look for summer, with the promise to yourself that you'll let it grow out when the weather gets cooler.
Yeah, probably part "mom hair" (been there, have it..) but it'll still grow out. Sometimes "mom hair" is long so that it is easier to pull out of the way! Let us know what you decide on!
So what did you do? We want pictures!
I did it. I have short hair, now.
I got something that's sort of a cross between the two. It has the length and flippyness of the Jackie, but the bangs are closer to the Jodi. Not as straight.
The biggest difference is that my hair is brown. Also, it's curly. I'd forgotten how boing-boing curly it gets when I get it cut short. So, if I want it straighter but sticking out (like Jackie's) I have to blow it out some. If I just blow dry it quickly and push it into place, the are more curls.
I like it. The front is good and the back is good. I haven't gotten used to the sides yet - not sure whether to tuck them behind my ears or not.
It does dry fast and just kind of goes where it's supposed to, for the most part, which is good.
We'll see how it travels and handles NOLA humidity tomorrow! I'm bringing a brush and some styling product just in case it freaks out.
I plan to go much shorter you know when I lose a few more pounds. I think.
I have been straightening mine with a flat iron for this past cut. I like it much better, but it takes an extra 10 minutes, which can be a big deal.
I see women all the time with "the hair I want," and it sucks.
Glad you like it. Update us on the humidity thing.
We still want pics :)
That sounds like a great cut! You need to post a photo so I can copy it. :) I want to go short again too. (My hair is wavy, but not curly.)
Mom hair comes in all lengths around here.
My only criterion for short hair cuts is that they must be grown out enough to cover my ears and collar by the time winter comes. The n I don't have to wear a hat for warmth and I can avoid the dreaded hat-hair syndrome.
Does your hair grow fast? That makes all the difference. Mine still grows about 6 inches a year.
I love Jackie's hair this season.
I also love playing with haircuts. It doesn't stress me at all. Last week, I got bangs on a whim. They are a side swept thing, but pretty short. I have a widow's peak and a short forehead with straighter eyebrows, so the bangs soften all that. I'm pleased. I think it also makes me look more styled.
Oh, and what kind of po boy did you get? :-)
I don't care for Jackie's hair this season. Wait, I take it back, I like the cut but I don't like it on her. I really like her much more butchy.
However that one you have of Jodie, with the heavy bangs over there? I like that a lot.
We already have one Jamie Lee look alike around here, we don't need another. *grin*
Post a Comment