Monday, November 9, 2009

Soon, I'll be yelling at clouds

I don't know why, but people are annoying me lately.

I was blaming caffeinated coffee for making me irritable (and that might still be a contributing factor) but I really think it's just people.

Since I don't think it's likely that everyone who is annoying me will suddenly do me the favor of becoming less annoying, I figure it's on me to do something about it. So before I give up caffeinated coffee, I'm making a few other changes.

OT: There is just a general tone there that I'm finding sort of irritating lately. I usually compulsively read all of the threads but lately if I notice that a new post is from someone who usually irritates me I haven't been reading the new comments. Now I think I'm going to stop opening threads when they start to irritate me. This is a big step for me since I really am compulsive about reading everything.

Facebook: Two things here.

1. Games. A coworker of Mr. Fro's friended me so that he could expand his farm and then proceeded to taunt me until he actually logged in and realized that I was a few levels higher than him. He then made up about 35 fake Facebook accounts just so he could friend his fake people and send himself gifts and "beat" me. I got annoyed by that and decided to bury him by leveling up faster. I became obsessed and competitive. Then I realized that I was being a COMPLETE MORON. So now I will no longer be obsessed with him, his fake friends, or the fact that he's passed me in the stupid farm game. I liked the stupid farm game until he came along and fired up my competitive side. Blah. Now I'm just going to ignore him and go back to enjoying the stupid farm game.

Paragraphs like the one above make me want to tie a bag around my head and jump into the river. Seriously, I was getting worked up over some pretend blueberries. I'm so stupid.

2. Young people. Dang whippersnappers. I have some younger cousins and other young people (my little brother's ex girlfriend, for example) who have friended me and originally I thought, aw, that's cute. Oh fer crisssakes, the drama these people have! I know, I was young once, too, and every little thing not only seemed like a MAJOR CRISIS but also I felt as if I was imbued with inarguable worldly wisdom at the tender age of 20. I guess some things never change.

I want to make comments on their major drama posts about how they need to relax but I don't because I know that when I was 20 I would have rolled my eyes at some old person telling me to relax.

Then, I want to go back to myself when I was 20 and smack myself upside the head.

None of you are annoying me. Honest.

11 comments:

Breezy said...

OT? Oh yeah, that old place that we used to go to? That place?

A don't farm on FB.

You want drama? Friend a 14 year old middle school girl. BAER It takes all my will power to not go in her room and strangle her some days.

kim (weltek) said...

LOL-You are a big dork for getting worked up about your Facebook farm. That made me laugh! I taunt Chris about his Mafia and Cafe and how it eats up his life. He actually gets up when I do now (he used to sleep in another 15 minutes) and updates his Mafia stuff.

I completely understand the 20something drama. I have the exact reaction you do and laugh that I assume I wasn't like that in MY 20s! I do think it's gotten worse, though. The boom of cell phones and internet networking have exacerbated the drama.

The sad part is when a few of my high school Facebook friends who are now in their 30s are still as dramatic.

For whatever reason, I really don't get worked up over OT. It's really never bothered me much when the tone shifts or certain people funsuck. Tech and JV/desert rhino were the only people that I ever let get to me, and they were banned, so I was lucky!

frodis said...

Breezy, if 20 year old drama is irritating me I can't even imagine what 14 year old drama will do to me. It already scares me that I'm only 11.5 years away from having a 14 year old of my own. Yikes.

Kim, I am a huge dork. However, I do not get up early to go to the farm or the cafe. I have successfully avoided the mafia game and have no plans to play it. I'm slowly weaning myself back from the farm game. I don't have to be #1. I don't have to be #1. I don't have to be #1.

*twitch*

Anonymous said...

I am more annoyed with real life people these days than online people. There have actually been a couple of people online and IRL who have sort of hurt my feelings lately relating to personal issues, but I think I've just chalked that up to me being overly sensative about things.

OT: I have poked in and out lately. Mainly out, but I've been busy at work. IMO, OT has been somewhat slow. And I do need to type out a longer answer for HD somewhere, although I'm somewhat happy with my short answer.

FB: Where to start. I am obsessed with FB games. I won't lie. But I go through spurts with them. I have completely given up one for now even though I want to go back and beat Tummy. I'm also amusing myself there reading adult drama. And I am catching up with so many people from yesteryear. I really like that.

Conner is super addicted to Jungle Jewels, Farkle and Bejeweled Blitz. He really needs his own account, so I'm going to lie to make one for him. I've had two people go to chat with me and end up chatting with him.

*giggle*

Anonymous said...

And Kim, I wondered what the heck Nolay was doing there so much. He's there like all the time.

Tummy said...

OT is just slow for me - the only thread I go and check on usually is the Cooking Club. That one I like. :)

I haven't gotten into Mafia Wars or Farming. I refuse. But like Boo (waves at Boo and points to my 1600 :) ) I like the little games. I like the 1 minute Bejeweled because I can be on hold on the phone and play a game. It's making me nervous that I like when the devil is pleased with me, though. :)

kim (weltek) said...

Ugh, Boo. He sits online with his Mafia and Cafe crap and watches tv at the same time. He calls it multitasking. *rolls eyes*

He goes through obsessive spurts. This too shall pass.

Swami said...

Well, I am more irritable without coffee so don't give up your caffeine too quickly!

OT. I was going to read it & consider going back but I just didn't have enough interest. I couldn't stand PRE when he was being political, but he didn't seem to be around when I read there a couple of weeks ago.

Mostly I am hard to irritate or offend online.

I have never played any Facebook game. In fact, Facebook has kind of locked me out. It won't let me login because somehow I changed my password and it got sent to an account I don't have anymore (or totally lost or something) so I can't get in and I can't re-change my password because it will only send my new password to the old vanished account, which does me no good at all.

When I was young I was not allowed to have crises because this was my evil sister's role. She had the family monopoly, so I became the No Drama type.

I think people freak out online more than they do irl.

Anonymous said...

Well Kim, I played Bejeweled Blitz and watched The Biggest Loser for 1.5 hours last night. It really helped with the commercials.

frodis said...

I've vowed to quit Bejewled Blitz several times and then I always go back to play just one game. . .

Puffy said...

I'm afraid of getting involved in the facebook games because I know I'd get addicted. But I am intrigued...one day I'll try a game or two! It's also strange to read about the 30 and 40 year old NON drama. LOL at Nolay's multitasking!