Friday, July 17, 2009

Stuff and Things

Kind of like Randoms.

1. Look what I bought! I'm so excited, really, more excited than I should be for an appliance.


The old mutant shorty fridge is moving the the garage where it can spend its days storing drinks. I really don't like the old fridge. It hates me, too. It's shorter than any normal fridge, and the previous owners of the house built their cabinets around it, so we have to remove the cabinet above it to accommodate the new fridge. I waffled back and forth on whether to get a smaller fridge and keep the cabinet, or remove the cabinet. I was standing in Sears waffling and waffling when I suddenly realized that I have NO IDEA what's even in that cabinet above the fridge. I don't think I've opened it in 3 years. That made the decision easy. Bye cabinet, and mystery useless items!

(The mystery items turned out to be some ugly glasses I got as a wedding gift, two vases, and some candle holders. All of which can be either relocated or. . . um. . . relocated permanently.)

2. I took Lauren and Jeff to the zoo yesterday. We had a GREAT day. Lauren was very good and Jeff slept from 11-2, and when he woke up he was all smiley. We stayed for four hours which is unusual for a zoo trip for us. We got there at noon, so a few of the early birds were leaving, so I scored a super close parking spot. I found my new favorite bathroom at the Zoo. Plus, it was warm and sunny, so in all, it put me in a great mood.

3. Jeff is TALL. He's 26 inches tall, which puts him into the 97th percentile for height. Mr Fro and I aren't particularly tall, but I have two brothers who are very tall, so I think he takes after them.

4. Lauren seems to have emerged from her picky eater phase of the past 6 months or so. All of the sudden she wants to try everything again. I'm so relieved. Yesterday she asked to try a meatball. I gave it to her and asked if she liked it. She said, "I do! I do like it! It's so tasty and delicious!" I was happy with that, but then she asked for a sandwich (we were eating meatball sandwiches) so I put her chopped-up meatball on a small roll with some tomato sauce. . . and she ate it! Color me thrilled. I was getting worried that she would only eat mac and cheese for the rest of her life.

5. Yesterday Mr Fro was playing with Lauren, flipping her around and tickling her. She was laughing and screaming. Jeff was sitting by me, watching all of the goings-on. Mr Fro flipped Lauren upside down and tickled her, and all of the sudden Jeff kicked his legs out to stand on my lap, waved his arms hard, and yelled. It was a little odd. Mr. Fro flipped Lauren again, and Jeff did it again. We don't know if he wanted to join the fun, or if he was worried about his big sister. Either way, we were surprised at him.

6. There might be more, later.

6 comments:

yvonne said...

I completely understand the applicance love. I would replace the fridge in a heartbeat and move it into the garage. Same goes with the washer/dryer. And? I have the same mystery cabinet above the fridge that I have no earthly clue what is in it. :-)

Love the zoo! When I lived near DC my co-workers and I would go to the National Zoo on our days off. Too much fun.

Puffy said...

I want that fridge. We have about 6inches of space above our current fridge so I think a new French door fridge would fit. I never use the top shelves of any of my cabinets; too short.

Only moms think about bathrooms at the zoo.

Jeff is very tall. Taller people are more successful.

Yes, he wants to play, tickle and laugh just like Lauren. He'll be imitating her a lot!

*crosses fingers* that Lauren's food buds keep taking off. Good for her!

Anonymous said...

1. I know exactly what's in my above-fridg cabinet. That shoulld surprise no one. I am afraid to like any new fridge out of fear of jinxing mine.

2. Yay. I still haven't taken Conner to the zoo yet. Bad Boo.

3. :) He could slow down - don't be alarmed if he does.

4. Lucky you!!

5. Cute!

Swami said...

1. Oh look - a photo of my fridge! It's the best darn fridge ever - you're going to love it!

I hate over-the-fridge cabinets for their useless inaccessibility. But since I'm tall I find the fridge top to be a convenient shelf. (Isn't it great to brutally "relocate" yuseless stuff?)

2. Yay for the zoo!

3. My kids were both off the growth charts until they were somewhere between 2 & 3 yrs old when they slipped back on at the 99th percentile. April wound up at 6' even and Max is 6'3" - not that super tall for a guy. I think to be really tall you need to have tall genes and long leg genes both.

4. I hope being open to new foods lasts for Lauren! It's so nice to have a kid like that! I guess. I've never had one like that.

5. Sibling rivalry starts way young.

6. It's Jul 21, officially "later".

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Love the fridge! When we moved into our house TEN years ago - I wanted one similar, but was "talked into" a side by side by my husband... I still want one of the "Upside down" fridges. We had to remove the cabinet above in order for it to fit... sad to say, it is still not painted up there.

frodis said...

Amy, when I realized that the cabinets were too low for the fridge I wanted I almost reluctantly chose a side by side instead. I stood there looking at it with the doors open for a long time. I guess I had a pretty dejected/disgusted look on my face because Mr Fro started laughing and told me to close it and walk away.

My brother in law has a full size fridge and freezer - each one is the size of a regular side by side. I'm so jealous of it but we don't have the space for that.